New York - 7.Version - Referat
INTRODUCTION: Good afternoon Ms … and hello to all my classmates. Welcome to my presentation about New York. Today I will talk about this very famous city and give you some interesting information about it. First of all, I will give you a short overview: First I will tell you some general Information about the city, secondly, I will talk about the economy of New York… The third point will be Monuments, The fourth point I will talk about is Population … and finally I will talk about Closing Remarks …
- New York is the most famous city in the USA (United States of America).
- The city is referred to as New York City or the City of New York to distinguish it from the State of New York, of which it is a part.
- International organizations such as the UNO have their headquarter in New York
- New York City consists of five boroughs (Stadtbezirke): The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island.
- New York is the most densely populated major city in the United States.
- As many as 800 languages are spoken in New York, making it the most linguistically diverse city in the world.
- The Statue of Liberty is a globally recognized symbol of the United States and its democracy.
- New York has approximately 50 million annual visitors.
- The Times Square is a very famous place as well as the Broadway which is one of the world's busiest pedestrian intersections, and a major centre of the world's entertainment industry.
- The city hosts many world renowned bridges, skyscrapers and parks.
- New York City Subway is one of the most extensive rapid transit systems worldwide.
- Numerous colleges and universities are located in New York
- The Central Park in Manhattan is the most visited city park in the United States, with 25 million visitors each year.
- New York’s economy today is one of the most important banking places of the world and locates the most important stock exchange at Wall Street.
- The famous Dow-Jones Index shows the rate of the mostly traded shares
- Many goods and products are shipped through the New York harbour at which 1000 employees work.
- Most of the international flights pass one of the New York airports.
- NY also offers many known possibilities for art and culture and has many famous museums.
- New York has many known sights which are visited by millions of tourists every year.
- The best known symbol of New York and also the symbol of liberty is called “Statue of Liberty”. It gets the nickname “Mrs. Liberty” from the New Yorkers. It has been a present of France to the celebrations at the 100th anniversary of the country’s foundation. The Statue has been created by the artist Frederice Bartholdi. For the immigrants it was a symbol that they were in a free country.
- A similar known sight is the skyline of Manhattan. This view was taken a million times as a photograph. One sees many known buildings on these photos “The Chrysler Building, Empire State Building, Woolworth Building” and many others.
- The most essential street in New York is the Wall Street, because the most important financial centres of the world are located in this street such as the stock exchange and the headquarters of many known banks.
- The Broadway is the entertainment street of New York. The best known movies, theatres, night spots, restaurants and cabaret are there. Almost all tourists go to the sidewalk were artists have immortalized their hands and autographs.
- The original population of New York has been Indians which were wiped out by the immigration of the settlers. Today only a few Indians live in New York.
- The main part of the population consists of English speaking people. These are Englishmen, Scots, Welshmen and Irishmen. There are many other groups who live in one of these different districts. Known were 'Little Italy', 'Chinatown' and the Jewish district.
- Many immigrants came from South-East-Asia e.g. Koreans and Chinese people.
- The biggest immigration wave has to be noticed from South America today.
- New York is a big melting pot of the most different cultures and is therefore one very various and interesting town.
- Today live approximately 8 million people in New York City on an area of 1,214.4 km ². (square kilometres)
- The New York people call there city in love “Big Apple”.
- The most well-known hymn of New York is sung by the world-famous Frank Sinatra and is called “New York, New York”.
- Everybody who has the opportunity in his life to pay a visit to New York should do this and it is guarantied that he will be impressed.
CLOSING: Thank you very much for your attention and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask 
Kommentare zum Referat New York - 7.Version: